Friday 22 July 2011

Konad 1: Me 0

I was soooo excited to try my konading skills! Had to attend a nephew's birthday party in the evening; thought I'd show off a bit. :D
Never did I realise how wrong I was. Within the next half an hour, I was ready to pull my hair out. I applied base coat and topped it with revlon top speed in mulberry. Thought I'd do something nice and sober so even old aunts could appreciate. Selected BM 209 and BM 202 with the hearts theme in my mind. <3 <3 <3
Right about then somebody (up there) decided she's having too much fun, now's my turn. Started with the thumb, and it went crooked. The pointer smudged, the middle did not stamp completely(and got smudged), the pinkie didnt wanna get stamped and the heart design on the ring finger had a mind of its own (had to redo it 3 times). 
The other hand was even worse. Lets not get into that. One hour later this is what I got!!
Thankfully nobody at the party noticed it as it was dark. (whew!)
One question though: does anybody find the konad black special polish more runny than white? Any of you know any other black polish that stamps better than this one? Any tips on applying full nail stamps?


Please drop in your feedback.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Kejal! Nice nail art with konad. I also have stamps of konad,they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comments vertika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - what a stunning manicure - and a awesome idea! love it!

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice try :).. I have never used complete nail stamp :(, its too time consuming, but no doubt it looks fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is pretty and i am just learning to use stamps i hope i don face much of difficulty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so pretty despite it being a messy. I think you did an amazing job for a first timer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read my comment, I meant your description of usage as being messy. Your nail art is far from being messy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you please tell me if this Konad is available in Mumbai? If yes, where.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @unknown: you can send me a mail: kejals(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wet 'n Wild wild shine in black Creme is the best black stamping polish I used. And it's so cheap reg $0.99 and sale $0.69. Not sure if it's available in India, though!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.